Thursday 23 April 2015

How To Be An Engaging Leader: How to start right on 2 important contents to say in the constructive feedback.


How To Be An Engaging Leader
How to start right on 2 important contents to say in the constructive feedback

START with 2 sentences

In your first sentence, identify the topic or issue that the feedback will be about.
Provide the specifics of what occurred.

Without the specifics, you only have praise or criticism. Start each key point with an "I" message, such as, "I have noticed," "I have observed," "I have seen," or when the need exists to pass on feedback from others, "I have had reported to me." "I" messages help you be issue-focused and get into the specifics.


Source credited and adapted from : Giving Constructive Feedback by Marty Brounstein from Coaching and Mentoring For Dummies

No comments:

Post a Comment